The Vanier Institute of the Family is a national, independent, charitable think tank committed to enhancing family wellbeing by making information about families accessible and actionable. Positioned at the centre of networks of researchers, educators, policymakers, and organizations with an interest in families, we share evidence and strengthen the understanding of families in Canada, in all their diversities, to support evidence-based decisions that promote family wellbeing.
A Canada that recognizes and supports the central role of families in society and invests in strengthening and being inclusive of their diverse expressions.
To advance the understanding of wellbeing of families in Canada in all their diversities, recognizing that families are at the core of a healthy and inclusive society.
- Integrity: We share rigorous, non-partisan, knowledge-based information that is informed by evidence.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We recognize and foster the contributions, presence, and perspectives of different groups of people.
- Responsiveness: We monitor current issues facing diverse families in Canada and provide accessible and timely information resources for knowledge users.
- Capacity Development: We invest in building skills and experience among family scholars.
- Collaboration: We engage with knowledge creators and knowledge users to encourage and promote new understandings of diverse family experiences and to motivate policy change.