- New Statistics Canada Data Show COVID Is Impacting Fertility in Canada. Article (400 words). New data show that fertility rates declined during pandemic and some couples are delaying childbearing.
- Women’s Entrepreneurship and Family Well-being. Article (2,150 words). Gaby Novoa explores the connection between women’s entrepreneurship and family well-being.
- RAPP: Taking Research to Impact Through Collaboration. Article (1,200 words). A profile of Research on Aging, Policies, and Practice and their new partnership supporting working caregivers.
- Promoting the Health of Older Adults: The Canadian Experience. Announcement (470 words). This edited collection is now available from Canadian Scholars, featuring a chapter on death and dying by Katherine Arnup, PhD, and Nathan Battams.
What We’re Reading
- Institut de la statistique du Québec, Quelles sont les répercussions de la pandémie sur la santé et la vie des Québécois? (October 19, 2021).
- Angus Reid Institute, Diversity and Education: Half of Canadian Kids Witness Ethnic, Racial Bullying at Their School (October 19, 2021).
- Environics Institute for Survey Research, Lessons Learned: The Pandemic and Learning from Home in Canada (September 2021).
- Shana Conroy, Spousal Violence in Canada, 2019, Statistics Canada (October 6, 2021).
- Statistics Canada, Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Canadian Seniors, The Daily (October 25, 2021).
- Native Women’s Association of Canada, National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (September 29, 2021).
What’s in the Media
- How Parents Can Hold on to the Lockdown Effect of Better Communication with Their Kids. The Globe and Mail article featuring research from the Vanier Institute’s Families “Safe at Home”: The COVID-19 Pandemic and Parenting in Canada.
- Many Benefits of Caring for Others. Juba Monitor article featuring research from the Vanier Institute’s A Snapshot of Family Caregiving and Work in Canada.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.