FAMILIES IN CANADA CONFERENCE 2019 (#FAM2019)
On March 27 and 28, 2019, in Ottawa, Ontario, the Vanier Institute of the Family will host the Families in Canada Conference 2019 – a national, pan-Canadian conference with simultaneous satellite regional conferences co-hosted by university partners across Canada.
The theme is THINK BIG: How can we use “Big Data” to inform and inspire big ideas to have a big impact on family well-being in Canada?
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NOW AVAILABLE
The Families in Canada Conference 2019 Sponsorship Package is now available to download! We’re offering a variety of exciting sponsorship and partnership opportunities for organizations to demonstrate leadership and a commitment to celebrating family diversity and family well-being in Canada.
Partnering provides sponsors with a presence among diverse organizations and individuals who study, serve and support families, as well as key thought leaders in government, research, non-profit and private sectors from across the country.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS, ABSTRACTS AND POSTERS: The Vanier Institute is calling for presentations, abstracts and posters from those who study (e.g. researchers, knowledge mobilizers), serve (e.g. elected officials, community leaders), and/or support families (e.g. service providers, front-line workers). We are accepting proposals for oral presentations, abstracts and posters, for a broad range of themes/topics related to families and family life or family experiences, expectations and aspirations, which should aim to inform and inspire conference delegates in their work.
STAY UP TO DATE:
– VISIT the #FAM2019 website *NEW*
– SPONSOR #FAM2019
– ACCESS the Call for Presentations, Abstracts and Posters
– SIGN UP for the #FAM2019 e-newsletter
– FOLLOW the #FAM2019 hashtag
– LIKE, FOLLOW and SHARE the #FAM2019 general page on Facebook
– SIGN UP and SHARE the #FAM2019 event on Facebook
– FOLLOW the #FAM2019 LinkedIn Showcase Page
– CONTACT #FAM2019 Conference Coordination
– DOWNLOAD the Save the Date #FAM2019 postcard
- Be a Sponsor of the Families in Canada Conference 2019! Announcement, news (400 words).
- Funding Announced to Strengthen Community Supports for Military and Veteran Families. Announcement, news (300 words).
- International Symposium on Employment-Related Geographical Mobility (November 2018 event). News, event (200 words).
- Innovation to Impact: Translating Military Family Health Research into Practice. Announcement, news (200 words).
- Families in Canada Conference 2019: Call for Presentations, Abstracts and Posters. Announcement, news (500 words).
- Families in Canada: Parents Making It Work (September 2018 Update). News, publication (600 words).
What We’re Reading
- Family Ties and Aging (Ingrid Arnet Connidis and Amanda E. Barnett, SAGE Publications)
- Enquête québécoise sur le développement des enfants à la maternelle 2017 (Institut de la statistique du Québec) (available in French only)
- Winnipeg Street Census 2018: Final Report (Street Census Project)
- Veterans’ Social–Emotional and Physical Functioning Informs Perceptions of Family and Child Functioning (Kathrine Sullivan et al., Journal of Military, Veteran and Family Health)
- Canadians’ Perceptions on Aging (Abacus Data)
What’s in the Media
- Veteran and Family Well-Being Fund: CA. Mirage News article featuring the Vanier Institute of the Family.
- Canada Is Unprepared for the Demographic Time-Bomb Hurtling at Us. CBC Radio program featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Female Seniors Making the Most of Golden Years. Article on the Canadian Medical Association’s Demand a Plan website featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- When Work Keeps Families Apart. Rural Routes Podcasts episode featuring research from the On the Move Partnership.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on October 31, 2018