Families in Canada Conference 2019 (#FAM2019)
On March 27 and 28, 2019, in Ottawa, Ontario, the Vanier Institute of the Family will host the Families in Canada Conference 2019 – a national, pan-Canadian conference with simultaneous satellite regional conferences co-hosted by university partners across Canada.
The theme is THINK BIG: How can we use “Big Data” to inform and inspire big ideas to optimize family well-being in Canada?
- Annual Report 2017–2018 Now Available! News, publication (1,500 words).
- 2018 UPDATE: A Snapshot of Military and Veteran Families in Canada. News, publication (3,600 words).
- Dr. Barb Neis and Dr. Christina Murray Receive the 2018 Mirabelli-Glossop Award. Announcement (400 words).
- Be a Sponsor of the Families in Canada Conference 2019! News (250 words).
- Policy Monitors. Monthly updates on federal and provincial/territorial government announcements (1,500 words).
What We’re Reading
- Spotlight on Ontario’s Caregivers (The Change Foundation)
- The Shame Is Ours: Forced Adoptions of the Babies of Unmarried Mothers in Post-war Canada (Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology)
- Use of Parental Benefits by Family Income in Canada: Two Policy Changes (Rachel Margolis et al., Journal of Marriage and Family)
- Understanding Future Needs of Canadian Veterans (Statistics Canada)
- Who’s Hungry: 2018 Profile of Hunger in Toronto (Daily Bread Food Bank)
- Indigenous Research: A Different Way of Doing Things (The Globe and Mail)
What’s in the Media
- When Dining Out, It’s Hard to Go Quietly. OutLook by the Bay article featuring the Vanier Institute.
- CIMVHR Hosts Its 9th Annual Forum. Queen’s University School of Rehabilitation Therapy blog featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- The Trend of Multiple Generations Living Under the Same Roof. TheRecord.com article featuring Vanier Institute Program Director Sara MacNaull.
- Under One Roof: Multi-generational Housing Is on the Rise. Renaissance article featuring research from the Vanier Institute.
- In Defense of Statistics Canada’s Pursuit of Banking Data. CBC Ottawa Morning interview with Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Population Aging in Canada. News 95.7 interview with Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks (October 28, 2018 7:08 a.m. clip).
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on November 30, 2018