A monthly e-newsletter highlighting recent Vanier Institute publications, projects and research
COVID-19 IMPACTS: Family Therapists Survey CYCLE 2 Is Underway
We have launched the second cycle of the survey of therapists who work with couples, families, children, adolescents and/or adults to share insights on how they are doing, how their clients are doing and how the pandemic has affected the profession and practice of family therapy in Canada.
The COVID-19 IMPACTS: Family Therapists Survey will inform the development, design and delivery of evidence-based professional services and supports to optimize therapists’ well-being, support professional practice during periods of disruption or emergency, and facilitate organizational plans for personal and professional development across Canada.
If you are a therapist who works with couples, families, children, adolescents and/or adults, pass this along to any relevant people, organizations or networks. Share the link with your therapist, too!
COVID-19 IMPACTS: Veteran Families Survey CYCLE 2 Is Underway
It’s not too late to provide your input! Tell us how COVID-19 is impacting your family by participating in the second cycle of the COVID-19 IMPACTS: Veteran Families Survey!
True Patriot Love Foundation and the Vanier Institute of the Family invite you to share your experience, thoughts and ideas. We are crowdsourcing to gather information and insights about how Veteran families are feeling, what they are doing and what they are thinking about the future as we continue to adapt to changing circumstances.
The survey is open to anyone who is a Veteran or a member of a Veteran family.
PLEASE SHARE the link with your networks and with Veterans and Veteran families you know. Contribute to the development of a post-COVID Canada, inform programs and inspire innovation!
- Caregiving During COVID: What Have We Learned? Event summary with video (1,200 words).
- 2020–2021 Awards for Student Contributions to the Vanier Institute. News (500 words).
- Love You Forever: A Mother’s Care. Article (1,600 words).
- Social Connections, Technology and Well-being. In Brief: Research summary (500 words).
What We’re Reading
- Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario, Forgotten on the Frontline: A Survey Report of Ontario’s Early Years and Child Care Workforce (May 19, 2021).
- Statistics Canada, Families, Households and Marital Status Statistics (data portal) (May 2020).
- IISD, Secretary-General’s SDG Progress Report Recaps Pandemic Impacts on 17 Global Goals (May 17, 2021).
- March of Dimes Canada, National Survey Shows Canadians Overwhelmingly Want to Age at Home; Just One-Quarter of Seniors Expect to Do So (April 27, 2021).
What’s in the Media
- Part 2 Survey on Impact of COVID-19 on Veteran Families. Canadian Military Family Magazine article on the COVID-19 IMPACTS: Veteran Families Survey.
- Zoom Playgroup: EarlyON Continues to Connect Local Families and Offer Support. Lindsay Advocate article featuring research from Families “Safe at Home”: The COVID-19 Pandemic and Parenting in Canada.
- Alberta Partnership Aims to Help Unpaid Caregivers Find Flexible Jobs. Folio article featuring research by the Vanier Institute of the Family.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.