Families in Canada Conference 2019 Satellite Event (June 2019)
University of Victoria: On June 14, 2019, the Centre for Youth and Society at the University of Victoria will be co-hosting a Families in Canada Conference 2019 satellite event with the Vanier Institute of the Family, featuring panels and presentations with local programming that will explore topics such as families and well-being, families new to Canada, family formation and dissolution, and family time together. For more information, contact Frederick Grouzet.
Space is limited at this event – don’t miss this exciting opportunity!
The early-bird rate has been extended to June 4. Register now!
University of Ottawa Seeking Cancer Caregivers to Participate in Research Study
The Physical Activity and Health Promotion Lab at the University of Ottawa is looking for cancer caregivers age 18 and over in Canada to participate in a research study on self-care behaviours. Contact Emily Wolfe Phillips by email, call her at 613-562-5800 (ext. 7300) or go online for more information.
- A Snapshot of Grandparents in Canada (May 2019 Update). Publication (2,000 words).
- Webinar Content: Understanding the Parental Sharing Benefit and the Caregiving Benefits. Publication (9,000 words).
- Mother’s Day 2019: New Moms Older, More Likely to Be Employed Than in the Past. Publication (700 words).
- In Focus 2019: Coupling, Uncoupling and Marital Status. Publication (600 words).
- In Memoriam: Jean Vanier (1928–2019). Announcement, news (200 words).
- University of Victoria to Host #FAM2019 Event (June 14, 2019). Announcement, news (200 words).
- University of Calgary to Host #FAM2019 Event (October 8, 2019). Announcement, news (500 words).
What’s in the Media
- In Conversation with Nora Spinks (video). Angus Campbell, Executive Director of Caregivers Nova Scotia, interviews Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Diversity and Inclusion Key Part of New Parental Sharing Benefit. Benefits Canada article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks and content from our May 14, 2019 webinar on the parental sharing benefit and caregiving benefits.
- 4 choses à savoir sur le rôle des grands-parents. Salut Bonjour article featuring research from the Vanier Institute (available in French only).
- How Can We Fix the Motherhood-Penalty Problem? The Star article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Canada: à l’ouest, du nouveau en matière de maternité tardive. TV5Monde article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks (available in French only).
- Military Children’s Superpowered Book Launched in Ottawa. The Guard article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Royal Baby: Did Meghan Markle Have a Home Birth? The Conversation article featuring research from In Context: Understanding Maternity Care in Canada.
- After My Marriage Fell Apart, Renting My Basement to Strangers Saved Me. Chatelaine article featuring research from the Vanier Institute.
- Jeunes proches aidants: avoir un parent atteint de cancer. Article by the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec featuring research from the Vanier Institute (available in French only).
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on May 30, 2019