- Family Perspectives: Death and Dying in Canada by Katherine Arnup, PhD. Publication (26,000 words).
- Facing Death: Emerging Trends in Death and Dying in Canada. Publication (1,600 words).
- Modern Mothers in Canada “Making It Work.” News, publication (700 words).
- International Day of Families 2018 Focuses on Families and Inclusive Societies. Announcement, suggested resource (700 words).
- Research Recap: School Experiences of Children in Military Families. News, publication, student engagement (2,200 words).
What We’re Reading
- Early Childhood Education and Care in Canada 2016 (Childcare Resource and Research Unit)
- Understanding the Roots of Abuse (New Canadian Media)
- Results from the 2016 Census: Work Activity of Families with Children in Canada (Statistics Canada)
- Migrant Workers and the Right to Family Accompaniment: A Case for Family Rights in International Law and in Canada (International Migration)
- Working for a Living Wage 2018: Making Paid Work Meet Basic Family Needs in Metro Vancouver (Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives)
- Progress Report: Canada’s National Research Plan on Financial Literacy 2016–2018 (Financial Consumer Agency of Canada)
What’s in the Media
- Research Shows Definitions of Mother and Motherhood Continue to Evolve. Global News article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks and research from Modern Mothers in Canada “Making It Work.”
- Different Perspectives on Mother’s Day. Global News article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks and research from Modern Mothers in Canada “Making It Work.”
- Rapport de l’Institut Vanier de la famille : Le tabou entourant la mort se dissipe. Radio Canada International interview with Vanier Institute Special Advisor Col (retd) Russell Mann on Family Perspectives: Death and Dying in Canada.
- Family Discussions About End of Life Are Vital, Says Study. The Catholic Register article featuring research from Family Perspectives: Death and Dying in Canada.
- More Than Half of Canadians in New Survey Think Marriage Is Unnecessary. HuffPost Canada article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Mangez ensemble pour que vos enfants développent de saines habitudes. Palam.ca article featuring research from A Snapshot of Families and Food in Canada.
- How the Youngest Members of the Family Benefit from a Simple, Sit-Down Supper. Global News article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks and research from A Snapshot of Families and Food in Canada.
- Use It or Lose It: The Potential for Federal Paternity Leave. McGill International Review article featuring research from Modern Fathers Reshaping the Work–Family Relationship.
- Roundtable on Social and Economic Inclusion: Views of Canadian Seniors. Council of Canadians with Disabilities Online article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on May 25, 2018