A monthly e-newsletter highlighting recent Vanier Institute publications, projects and research
WEBINAR: Experiences in Caregiving During COVID-19: What Have We Learned?
On National Caregivers Day, April 6, 2021, Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks will be moderating a public webinar on experiences in caregiving and how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected caregivers.
- COVID-19 IMPACTS: Family Life, Traditions and Rituals. Article (900 words).
- COVID-19 IMPACTS on Distribution of Household Tasks. In Brief: Research summary (500 words).
- COVID-19 IMPACTS on Families Living with Disabilities. In Brief: Research summary (600 words).
- COVID-19 IMPACTS on Employment Transitions by Immigrants. In Brief: Research summary (700 words).
- One-Year Update on Social and Economic Impacts of COVID-19. In Brief: Research summary (1,000 words).
What We’re Reading
- The Annex, A Look at Loneliness from a Social Science and Sociological Perspective (March 22, 2021).
- The Prosperity Project, Canadian Households’ Perspective on the New Economy 2021 Launch (March 15, 2021).
- ADP Canada, Workplace Gender Gap Hits Home: ADP Canada Survey (March 8, 2021).
What’s in the Media
- Trenton MFRC Launches 16th Annual Invisible Ribbon Virtually. Article in The Belleville Local featuring research from A Snapshot of Military and Veteran Families in Canada (PDF).
- Come Home or High Water: How Multi-Generational Living Is Keeping Some Families Afloat During the Pandemic. The Signal article featuring research from Sharing a Roof: Multi-generational Homes in Canada.
- Coronavirus and Fertility. Modern Diplomacy article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- The Baby Bust Is Here: Birth Rates Are Falling Despite Our Close Quarters. National Post article featuring research from Uncertainty and Postponement: Pandemic Impact on Fertility in Canada.
- Family Ties. Ottawa Parenting Times Magazine article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- COVID-19 Update for March 9: Brazilian Variant Appears in B.C. / Vaccination Phone Lines Jammed Again / More Visits to Care Homes on Horizon. Canada.com article featuring research from Uncertainty and Postponement: Pandemic Impact on Fertility in Canada.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.