The Families in Canada Conference 2019 starts TOMORROW!
It’s not too late to REGISTER TODAY at the National Conference in Ottawa or at one of the Satellite Events being held at our university partners across the country on March 27 and 28, 2019.
Learn more about #FAM2019:
- In Focus 2019: Long-lasting Relationships in Canada. Announcements, news (200 words).
- In Focus 2019: Living Alone in Canada. Announcements, news (400 words).
- University of Calgary Hosting #FAM2019 Satellite Event. Announcements, events (200 words).
- University of Victoria Hosting #FAM2019 Satellite Event. Announcements, events (200 words).
What We’re Reading
- Sharon Roseman, “Stories Would Be Told: The Commuting Career of Kay Coxworthy,” Digital Stories (part of the On the Move Partnership).
- Jackie Tang, Nora Galbraith and Johnny Truong, “Living Alone in Canada,” Insights on Canadian Society, Statistics Canada catalogue no. 75-006-X (March 6, 2019).
- Michael Saini et al., “A Pilot Study to Assess Coparenting Across Family Structures (CoPAFS),” Journal of Child and Family Studies (March 9, 2019).
- Nathalie Mongeau, “Les régimes de retraite offerts dans les entreprises de 200 employés et plus: résultats de la collecte 2017 de l’Enquête sur la rémunération globale au Québec,” Cap sur le travail et la rémunération (available in French only) (February 2019).
What’s in the Media
- Nora Spinks on Solo Dwellers. Zoomer Radio interview with Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Georges Vanier, un héros de guerre et un grand diplomate canadien-français. Le Droit biographical article on Vanier Institute founder General The Right Honourable Georges Vanier (available in French only).
- Children Sleeping “Less and Less,” Dal Researcher Says. The Chronicle Herald article featuring the Dalhousie University Families in Canada Conference 2019 Satellite Event.
- Think Big: How Can We Use “Big Data”? Canadian Military Family Magazine article on the Families in Canada Conference 2019.
- Owner of a Lonely Home – More Canadians Are Living Alone Than Ever Before. Newstalk 610AM interview with Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- More Canadians Live Alone Than Ever Before: StatsCan Report. CBC News article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Five Ways to Feel More Nourished. Healthy UBC Newsletter article featuring research from A Snapshot of Families and Food in Canada.
- Thinking Big. The Gazette article featuring featuring the Memorial University Families in Canada Conference 2019 Satellite Event.
- Improving Engagement, Retention by Taking Care of Employees’ Loved Ones. Benefits Canada article featuring research from A Snapshot of Family Caregiving and Work in Canada.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on March 26, 2019