Please enjoy our last monthly update before summer break. The Vanier Institute will remain active throughout the summer, and you can continue to find updates, announcements and new publications on our website. See you in September!
On October 8, 2019, the Werklund School of Education at the University of Calgary will be hosting a FAM2019 satellite event, featuring panels and presentations with local programming that will explore themes and topics of interest to Albertans through a family lens. Presentations will explore topics, including (but not limited to) maternal well-being and child development, online behaviour and risk among children and youth, and family health research.
Space is limited at this event – don’t miss this exciting opportunity!
The early-bird rate ends September 8. Register now!
University of Ottawa Caregiver Study Seeking Participants
Are you a caregiver for someone who has been diagnosed with cancer? Participants are currently being sought for a study at the University of Ottawa about the self-care behaviours of caregivers. If interested, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-562-5800 (ext. 7300). Deadline for enrolment is June 30, 2019.
- Research Recap: Beyond “Snapshots” to “Lifetimes” of Family Care. Publication (1,200 words).
- Statistics Canada Receives 2019 Mirabelli-Glossop Award. Announcement, news (350 words).
- In Focus 2019: Fathers “Making It Work”. Publication (600 words).
- Vanier CEO Nora Spinks Appointed to Expert Panel on Early Learning and Child Care Data and Research. Announcement, news (350 words).
What’s in the Media
- MFRI Advisory Council Member Helps Launch Military Children’s Book. MFRI at Purdue University article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Everything You Want to Know About Polyamory. MSN.com article featuring research from Polyamory in Canada: Research on an Emerging Family Structure.
- This Is 60 – Women and Aging in Canada. The Canadian Jewish News article featuring research from A Snapshot of Population Aging and Intergenerational Relationships in Canada.
- Divorce Is More Than Financially Devastating, It Can Also Ruin Your Mental Health. Globe and Mail article featuring research from the Vanier Institute.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on June 27, 2019