Vanier Institute e-newsletter highlighting recent news, publications, events and media appearances.
2020 Review: Most Accessed Publications
- COVID-19 IMPACTS: Youth Well-being in Canada
- COVID-19 IMPACTS: Couple Relationships in Canada
- Report: COVID-19 and Parenting in Canada
- Families Struggle to Cope with Financial Impacts of COVID-19
- Health Habits During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Do Adults in Couples Have Better Mental Health During the Pandemic?
- Parents’ Thoughts on Post-Pandemic Future in Canada
- In Conversation: Katherine Arnup on Death, Dying and Dignity During COVID-19
- In Conversation: Rachel Margolis on Divorce Trends in Canada
- In Conversation: Lucy Gallo on Access, Adaptation and Resilience Among LGBTQI2S Youth
- The Complexity and Impacts of High-Conflict Family Cases. Article (800 words).
- Research Recap – Divorced and Unpartnered: New Insights on a Growing Population in Canada. Article (1,200 words).
- Language of Love and Family in 2020. Blog post (400 words).
What We’re Reading
- Statistics Canada, Family Ties: How Often Do Adult Children See Their Parents? (December 2020).
- Julie Riopel-Meunier et al., Pandémie et pratique d’activité physique chez les adultes, Institut national de santé publique du Québec (December 2020).
- Rachel Margolis, Youjin Choi, Anders Holm and Nirav Mehta, The Effect of Expanded Parental Benefits on Union Dissolution, Journal of Marriage and Family (January 2021).
- Deatra Walsh, As Anger Raged About Rotational Workers, Women Organized. Here’s What I Learned, CBC News (January 2021).
What’s in the Media
- A Changed World. Article by Alberta Views featuring research from Couples Find Support in One Another During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- “Nobody Wants to Talk About Death:” Erin Author Doesn’t Want You to Wait to Write Down Your Dying Wishes. Article by Orangeville.com featuring research from Family Perspectives: Death and Dying in Canada.
- With Falling Birth Rates, Worries Mount That Pandemic-Deferred Pregnancies Could Affect Everything from Immigration to Health Care. Article by the Ottawa Citizen featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- My Family Embraced Multigenerational Living. More Canadians Should Do the Same. Article by the Globe and Mail featuring research from Sharing a Roof: Multi-generational Homes in Canada (2016 Census Update).
- How Canadian Families Can Avoid the Financial Impact of Providing Senior Care. Article by Sure Immigration featuring research from A Snapshot of Family Caregiving and Work in Canada.
- Trenton MFRC and VON Proposing New Clinic. Article by The Kingston Whig Standard featuring research from A Snapshot of Military and Veteran Families in Canada.
- How COVID-19 Has Affected Our Youth in Canada. Article by Fernie Youth featuring research from COVID-19 IMPACTS: Youth Well-being in Canada.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.