- On the Move: Project Update (January 2018). News (350 words).
- Infographic: Canada’s Families on the Farm. News, publication (1,000 words).
- Alan Mirabelli Fund for Creativity and Innovation. Announcement (350 words).
- Remembering Alan Mirabelli by Al MacKay. Guest post (1,200 words).
- Alan Mirabelli: A Career on Behalf of Canada’s Families by Dr. Robert Glossop. Guest post (800 words).
- In Memoriam: Alan Mirabelli. Announcement (200 words).
- On the Move Event Highlights Research on Impacts of Employment-Related Mobility. News, suggested resource (200 words).
- Vanier Institute Taking Over from Caledon Institute to Produce “Policy Monitors.” Announcement (200 words).
- Modern Family Finances: Seniors in Canada. News, publication (2,000 words).
What We’re Reading
- LGBTQ2S Adult Housing Needs Assessment (Homeless Hub).
- Time Out: Child Care Fees in Canada 2017 (Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives).
- Family Networks and Health Among Métis Aged 45 or Older (Statistics Canada).
- AI Opens New Frontier for Suicide Prevention (Canadian Medical Association Journal News).
- Wellness Initiatives: Trends in Organizational Health Management (Conference Board of Canada).
What’s in the Media
- New Zealand’s PM Is Pregnant – Here’s How Female Leaders Can Make It Work. Global News article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Beware the “Time-Off Tax” Before and After Your Vacation. The Globe and Mail article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Total Health and Resilience for the Military Community. The Hill Times article featuring the Canadian Military and Veteran Families Leadership Circle.
- Eating Alone Is the Norm, But Ryerson Grad’s App Works to Change That. The Ryersonian article featuring research from A Snapshot of Families and Food in Canada.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on January 26, 2018