- In Brief: COVID-19 IMPACTS on Indigenous People with Long-standing Conditions or Disabilities. Research summary (300 words).
- In Brief: COVID-19 IMPACTS on Postsecondary Education Planning. Research summary (350 words).
- Celebrating Chosen Family Within the LGBTQ+ Community. Article (950 words).
- Family Policy Update: Changes to the Divorce Act. Article (1,230 words).
- FAMILY FINANCES: Your Economic Roots Matter. Article (240 words).
- Symposium to Explore Military and Veteran Family Research. Announcement (250 words).
- Research Recap: Exploring Grand-family Experiences. Research summary (1,000 words).
What We’re Reading
- Statistics Canada, Black History Month… by the Numbers (February 2021).
- National Geographic, Missing Family During the Pandemic? Celebrate Your Ancestry with Recipes (February 4, 2021).
- Hannah Aldridge and Ricardo Tranjan, Rents Keep Going Up, Pandemic or Not, Behind the Numbers (February 9, 2021).
- Statistics Canada, Study: Family Matters: Parental Leave in Canada (February 10, 2021).
- Anastasie Amboulé Abath, Les inégalités raciales en milieu scolaire, Policy Options (February 16, 2021).
What’s in the Media
- Managing the Family Bubble. Radio interview featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks on CBC Radio.
- Family Caregiving During COVID-19. Radio interview featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks on CBC Radio.
- Hollywood Might Have the Right Idea About Family Meals. Article by 97.1 KISS FM featuring research from (Still) Eating Together: The Culture of the Family Meal.
- Everything You Want to Know About Polyamory. Article by MSN featuring research from Polyamory in Canada: Research on an Emerging Family Structure.
- Is Anyone Having Kids During the Pandemic? Article by Toronto Star featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- For Better, for Worse: In a Pandemic, Relationships Are Tested. Article by Montreal Gazette featuring research from COVID-19 IMPACTS: Couple Relationships in Canada.
- Pension Regulators Step Up Amid Turmoil. Article by Benefits Canada featuring research from COVID-19 IMPACTS: Retirees and Family Finances in Canada.
- Parenting in Challenging Times. Article by Home & Family featuring research from COVID-19 IMPACTS: Families in Canada.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.