Upcoming Webinar: Understanding Parental Sharing and Caregiving Benefits (May 14, 2019)
On May 14, 2019 at 12 p.m. EDT, the Vanier Institute of the Family is hosting a public webinar for HR professionals, labour representatives and employers on recent changes to shared parental and caregiving benefits in Canada, focused on effectively managing family leaves within workplaces. Learn more and register today!
Families in Canada Conference 2019 Satellite Events (June 2019)
University of Calgary: On June 11, 2019, the Werklund School of Education at the University of Calgary will be co-hosting a Families in Canada Conference 2019 satellite event with the Vanier Institute of the Family, featuring panels and presentations on diverse topics, including child development, the online behaviour of youth and other topics of interest through a family lens. Register now! For more information, contact Kelly Schwartz, PhD.
University of Victoria: On June 14, 2019, the Centre for Youth and Society at the University of Victoria will be co-hosting a Families in Canada Conference 2019 satellite event with the Vanier Institute of the Family, featuring panels and presentations with local programming that will explore themes and topics of interest to British Columbians through a family lens. Register now! For more information, contact Frederick Grouzet.
Space is limited at these events – don’t miss these exciting opportunities!
Save the Date: AIFS Conference 2020
From June 10 to 12, 2020, the Australian Institute for Family Studies (AIFS) will be hosting the AIFS 2020 Conference in Melbourne, Australia. This year’s 2019 AIFS Conference was a huge success, where Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks delivered the Keynote Address, and family researchers and policy-makers from around the world gathered to enhance our understanding of family well-being and family policy. Learn more about AIFS 2020
New Resource for Early Learning and Child Care Professionals and Practitioners Working with Canadian Military and Veteran Families
On March 27, 2019, the Vanier Institute of the Family marked a special occasion with members and partners of the Canadian Military and Veteran Families Leadership Circle in launching a new resource to build awareness and understanding among Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) professionals and practitioners. Learn more
#FAM2019 Post-Conference Publications
What’s in the Media
- With a Looming Aging Crisis, Who Is Helping the Caregivers? The Globe and Mail article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Why Women Shouldn’t Let a Solo Retirement Catch Them by Surprise. Financial Post article featuring research from the Vanier Institute.
- Number of Grandparents in Canada Continues to Grow. Global News article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Pan-Canadian Families in Canada Conference at UPEI. The Guardian article on the Families in Canada Conference 2019.
- The Military Provides Health Care to Its Members, but Not Their Families. Healthy Debate article featuring Vanier Institute Senior Advisor Colonel (retd) Russ Mann.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on April 26, 2019