Media Room 2016
- 2016-12-16 – Queen’s Gazette: A Forum for discussion: Researchers gather to discuss health needs of military personnel, veterans, and their families
- 2016-12-12 – Canadian HR Reporter: Flexible parental leave could mean headaches for employers
- 2016-12-01 – Canadian Military Family Magazine: Dr. Heidi Cramm recipient of the Colonel Russell Mann Military Family Health Research Award
- 2016-11-26 – CBC Listen: B.C. health care system relies heavily on family caregivers, says advocate (audio)
- 2016-11-26 – CBC News: B.C. health care system relies heavily on family caregivers, says advocate
- 2016-11-24 – Canadian Institute for the Relief of Pain and Disability: Caregiving and Work (webinar)
- 2016-11-23 – Vancouver Sun: Opinion: Caregivers need some care themselves
- 2016-11-23 – CBC Listen: Nov. 22, Housing announcement, caregivers and the workplace (audio)
- 2016-11-22 – CBC Listen: Nov. 22, B.C. Affordable Housing announcement. Caregiving and the workplace (audio)
- 2016-11-18 – Business Vancouver: Not accommodating homecare may hurt employers in long-run
- 2016-11-17 – Business Vancouver: BIV on Roundhouse November 17: The oil sector’s “surprisingly small” role in the B.C. economy
- 2016-11-11 – News Talk 770 Radio (Host: Peter Watts): Military and Veteran Families in Canada
- 2016-11-10 – Ottawa Citizen: @Kady’s Watchlist for Nov. 9 – Trudeau heads to WE Day as world reels over US election results
- 2016-11-06 – CBC Ottawa SoundCloud: What does return of long-form census mean?
- 2016-11-03 – The Globe and Mail: THE GRANNY FILES: Helping with grandchildren can be a blessing and a burden
- 2016-10-28 – Naître et grandir : Portrait des grands-parents canadiens
- 2016-10-25 – CBC News: Changing face of Canadian families outpacing tax rules, says Vanier Institute
- 2016-10-21 – Conseiller.ca : Retraite : gare aux erreurs et aux arnaques!
- 2016-10-21 – Macleans.ca: Canada’s top doctor says family violence are “staggering”
- 2016-10-21 – The Globe and Mail: MoDA brings an inverted condo to Calgary’s Bankview
- 2016-10-21 – The Province: Canada’s top doctor shines light on family violence, calls statistics “staggering”
- 2016-10-10 – Planète F Magazine : Enfants, parents et grands-parents… sous le même toit!
- 2016-10-09 – News Talk 770 Radio (Host: Peter Watts): Mental Health in the Workplace
- 2016-10-08 – The Catholic Register: Grandparents are becoming more involved with their children’s children
- 2016-10-07 – Benefits Canada: My Take: Employers don’t need a reason for flexible work requests
- 2016-09-28 – CBC News: Is the glass ceiling still dusty?
- 2016-09-23 – Benefits Canada: Employers and employees disagree on right to request flexible working
- 2016-09-12 – CBC Player Ottawa Morning: Grandparents
- 2016-09-12 – CBC Fresh Air: New School Year Resolutions
- 2016-09-08 – Conseiller.ca : Le marché immobilier montréalais en pleine forme
- 2016-09-07 – Radio Canada International: Grandparents play vital role, says non-profit
- 2016-09-06 – Ann Douglas: Three Simple Yet Powerful School-Year Resolutions for Parents
- 2016-09-02 – TVA Nouvelles : Deux fois plus de temps pour payer votre maison
- 2016-08-28 – Planète F Magazine : À chacun son logement
- 2016-08-18 – CJOB AM 680 (Host: Don Cook): Women in the Labour Market
- 2016-08-10 – MoneySense: Surviving baby’s first year
- 2016-08-04 – CBC Player Ottawa Morning: Daycare Costs
- 2016-07-31 – CBC Listen: Is work life balance a myth?
- 2016-07-31 – CBC Radio: The key to achieving work life balance may lie in millennials
- 2016-07-28 – Dalhousie University: Former Vanier Institute board member Professor Rollie Thompson receives Osgoode Professional Development Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2016-07-01 – Ottawa Citizen: Millennials and the “Canadian dream”: What’s the plan?
- 2016-07-01 – Ottawa Citizen: Trickle down effect: Will the inheritance boom save the millennials?
- 2016-06-28 – The Globe and Mail: Through the eyes of Generation Z
- 2016-06-25 – National Post: Study finds “significant” spike in number of stay-at-home dads in Canada: “Men had to step up”
- 2016-06-19 – CBC News British Columbia: Not-so-average father helps dads embrace parenthood
- 2016-06-19 – The Catholic Register: More men putting child-rearing ahead of careers, a change from generations past
- 2016-06-19 – 630 CHED: Studies show the role of fathers in the family is changing for the better
- 2016-06-08 – CBC Player All In A Day: Should employees have a “right to disconnect”?
- 2016-06-07 – Today’s Parent: Is 18-month maternity leave a good idea?
- 2016-06-03 – Benefits Canada: Will 18-month parental leave reduce pressures on working families?
- 2016-06-03 – CBC News Business: Business Week Wrap
- 2016-05-30 – CBC Television The Exchange: Dual-income Families on the Rise
- 2016-05-30 – C-FAX 1070 Victoria (Host: Terry Moore): Young people living with their parents in record numbers
- 2016-05-27 – The Globe and Mail: Employees need not check their home lives at office door
- 2016-05-23 – Ottawa Business Journal: A key ally to the Canadian Military: An Ottawa success story
- 2016-04-26 – CJOB AM 680 (Richard Cloutier Reports): The changing role of dads in modern families
- 2016-04-25 – The Star.com: Woman caught between Quebec, federal bureaucracies over maternity benefits
- 2016-04-22 – The Kingston Whig-Standard: Add dad to parenting equation
- 2016-04-12 – Openparliament.ca: Ms. Nora Spinks (Chief Executive Officer, Vanier Institute of the Family) at the Procedure and House Affairs Committee
- 2016-04-07 – SoundCloud (jasonosler): Dadchelor parties (1:35)
- 2016-04-06 – CBC News: Men get in on baby showers with “dadchelor party” trend
- 2016-03-27 – CBC Television: Anything but Average
- 2016-03-23 – 660 News Calgary: Federal Budget: Child benefits and family support
- 2016-03-23 – C-FAX 1070 Victoria (Host: Ian Jessop) – Federal Budget: Child benefits and family support
- 2016-03-18 – Benefits Canada: How to bridge the parental leave divide
- 2016-03-11 – The Globe and Mail: Don’t worry about what the “experts” say: The kids are going to be all right
- 2016-02-24 – The Star.com: Catherine McKenna is “making work–life balance part of the conversation”
- 2016-02-21 – Coup de pouce : À go, on fait une sieste!
- 2016-02-03 – Canadian Military Family Magazine: Community Groups meet to discuss Military and Veteran Family Issues
- 2016-01-29 – CBC Player Ottawa Morning: Military Families
- 2016-01-23 – Le Huffington Post Québec : Portrait de médecin : Paul David, une grande famille, un grand homme?