- New Resource for Family Physicians Working with Canadian Military Families. Announcement, publication (900 words).
- Annual Report 2015–2016: Fifty Years of Understanding Families in Canada. Announcement, publication (8,000 words).
- A Snapshot of Military and Veteran Families in Canada. New resource (1,800 words).
- Happy 25th Anniversary to the Military Family Services Program! Announcement (150 words).
- A Snapshot of Workplace Mental Health in Canada. New resource (1,500 words).
What We’re Reading
- Caring for Children and Youth from Canadian Military Families: Special Considerations (Canadian Paediatric Society)
- The Case for Diversity: Building the Case to Improve Mental Health Services for Immigrant, Refugee, Ethno-cultural and Racialized Populations (Mental Health Commission of Canada)
- Circle of Care: Supporting Family Caregivers in BC (Doctors of BC)
- Managing Mobility: Transportation in an Aging Society (Conference Board of Canada)
- Millennials Aren’t Really Taking Vacation. What Gives? (Institute for Research on Public Policy)
What’s in the Media
- Changing face of Canadian families outpacing tax rules, says Vanier Institute. CBC News article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Canada’s top doctor says family violence
- MoDA brings an inverted condo to Calgary’s Bankview. Globe and Mail article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Retraite : gare aux erreurs et aux arnaques! Article from Conseiller.ca featuring highlights from the Vanier Institute Seniors and Family Finances in Canada fact sheet.
- Grandparents are becoming more involved with their children’s children. The Catholic Register article highlighting the recent Vanier Institute report A Snapshot of Grandparents in Canada.
- Enfants, parents et grands-parents… sous le même toit! Article from Planète F Magazine highlighting the recent Vanier Institute report A Snapshot of Grandparents in Canada.
- Le marché immobilier montréalais en pleine forme. Article from Conseiller.ca featuring highlights from the Vanier Institute’s House and Home in Canada 2016 fact sheet.
- Helping with grandchildren can be a blessing and a burden. Globe and Mail article featuring the recent Vanier Institute report A Snapshot of Grandparents in Canada.