Vanier Institute Update: January 2017
- House and Home: To Keep or Not to Keep the Living Room and Dining Room by Avi Friedman. Article, guest post (1,600 words).
- Circuits of Care: Mobility, Work and Managing Family Relations by Dr. Sara Dorow and Shingirai Mandizadza, PhDc. Article, guest post (1,800 words).
- Leaders Meet to Share Progress on Developing Military Literacy in Canada. News, announcement (700 words).
What We’re Reading
- Children’s Positive Experiences Growing Up in Canadian Military Households (Journal of Military, Veteran and Family Health)
- A Growing Concern: 2016 Child Care Fees in Canada’s Big Cities (Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives)
- The Common Sense Census: Plugged-In Parents of Tweens and Teens 2016 (Common Sense Media)
What’s in the Media
- Commute from Hell. CBC Ideas documentary featuring research from the On the Move Partnership.
- Dr. Heidi Cramm recipient of the Colonel Russell Mann Military Family Health Research Award. Canadian Military Family Magazine article about the 2016 recipient of the Vanier Institute’s Colonel Russell Mann Military Family Health Research Award.
- How to Build a Village. Today’s Parent Magazine article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Dad who quit high-paying job for more family time part of growing trend. Global News report featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Frontline stories: Identifying the strengths and gaps of military and Veteran supports. Memorial University Gazette article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Organizations meet to build awareness and support for Veterans and military families. Canadian Military Family Magazine article about the 2017 Canadian Military and Veteran Families Leadership Circle meeting.