- UPCOMING PUBLICATION:
Family Perspectives: Death and Dying in Canada by Katherine Arnup, PhD, CPCC. Publication (26,000 words).
Live on the Vanier Institute website May 7, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
This study and conversation catalyst explores death and dying in Canada through the family lens, including the desires and realities of families, the role of families in end-of-life care and its impact on well-being, as well as the current and emerging social, cultural and policy landscape.
- Upcoming Event: Families, Mobility and Work Atlantic Canada Symposium (May 2018). Announcement (700 words).
- Alan Mirabelli: Hub Hospice and the Palliative Care Experience. News, suggested resource (6,000 words).
- In Focus: Senior Caregivers in Canada. Announcement (600 words).
What We’re Reading
- Adapting to a New Country (Sukaina Jaffer, New Canadian Media).
- L’emploi du temps professionnel et domestique des personnes âgées de 15 ans et plus (Institut de la statistique de Québec, available in French only).
- What Really Matters at the End: Perspectives from a Patient, a Family Member and an Oncologist (Canadian Medical Association Journal).
- Violent Victimization, Discrimination and Perceptions of Safety: An Immigrant Perspective, Canada, 2014 (Statistics Canada).
What’s in the Media
- Welcome to the Age of Mature Parenting. Zoomer Magazine article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Le vieillissement de la population : bénéfique pour les familles? (available in French only). Maman pour la vie article featuring research from La santé des grands-parents et le bien-être de la famille.
- Couples Who Earn Similar Salaries Are More Likely to Last, Study Says. HuffPost Canada article featuring Vanier Institute CEO Nora Spinks.
- Rally ’Round the Cannon: Wilder Thinking. Princeton Alumni Weekly article featuring one of the Vanier Institute’s founders, Dr. Wilder Penfield.
- Toronto Observes Caregivers’ Day. India Blooms article featuring the Vanier Institute of the Family.
- Les visages des familles canadiennes (available in French only). Planète F Magazine article featuring research from A Snapshot of Family Diversity in Canada.
To automatically receive monthly updates about our publications, projects and networks, sign up for our e-newsletter.
Published on April 27, 2018