Vanier Institute Blog Commenting Guidelines
The Vanier Institute of the Family welcomes your comments and your unique perspective. The Vanier Institute blog is open to comments from people of every age, race, religion, gender, ethnic origin and sexual orientation. The Vanier Institute platform respects everyone’s fundamental right to freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, and as such the Vanier Institute offers guidelines for commenting on the Vanier Institute posts or those of our guest bloggers.
Please note that comments are moderated, and users must sign in with a username and password. The Vanier Institute of the Family reserves the right to remove comments that violate the guidelines described below:
- Posts that are racist, sexist, homophobic, hateful, unethical, offensive, immoral or otherwise discriminatory are expressly prohibited.
- Posts that are abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene or pornographic are expressly prohibited.
- The Vanier Institute does not discriminate against any views, but it reserves the right to edit or remove posts and comments that are:
- Unproven, unsupported or inaccurate accusations against individuals, groups or organizations
- Incitements that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- Advertisements or other solicitations
- Repetitive material
- Slanderous, insulting or life-threatening remarks
- Unintelligible messages that are off-topic
- Keep comments and posts relevant, respectful and polite; write them as though you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- You may link internally to Vanier Institute blog posts or the Vanier Institute website, but the Vanier Institute does not accept links to third-party posts. The Vanier Institute does not endorse the content of external websites and has no liability as to their content. The Vanier Institute reserves the right to take down any external link.
- Use English or French for all exchanges or comments.
- Comments posted must be your own. Copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution is unacceptable, and content that is written by someone else will not be accepted.
- Respect other people’s privacy by not including information of a private nature. Please do not include your name, email, telephone number or private information in your comments or private dialogue.
- Do not post comments of a commercial or promotional nature; media releases and commercial material will be removed.